Driverless Cars: The Future Of Transport Or Another Gimmick?
Transportation has gone through various stages since mankind became a species distinct from the apes. With a center of gravity right around the navel area, humans are designed to walk upright on two legs. Thus, the first methods of transport we explored was walking. It took us long distances but slowly it gave way to other methods. Once animals were domesticated, they took over the task of carrying us for long distances. Boats allowed us to cross oceans. Trains sped up our travels on land but with the invention of the automobile came a whole new world of possibilities. Since then a new technology has been developed which can allow the humble automobile that we know and love to drive itself. This essay looks into the possibilities: will this be the future of driving or just a fad?
This idea holds weight when the way that previous technologies were adopted is considered. There was once a time when people had to have very well honed skills in map reading to know where they were. They had to have a trained memory in order to access the phone numbers of their friends, associates and loved ones. Without at least a basic ability in mental mathematics, simple calculations were usually impossible. Now all of that and many other things can be done by the average smart phone. This shows that people want to have less to do and not more. With a car that drives itself, the driver becomes a passenger and can use that time in transit to look at the sites, to enjoy a meal or phone call or even to catch up on some rest. This prospect is too attractive for most people to pass up on.
While it is tempting to consider never having to control a car again, there is a certain appeal in mastering the functions of the machine and just driving. People flock to movie theaters to watch films about people who drive well because it continues to be seen with a bit of old fashioned romanticism. As long as this is attractive, people will want to be able to boast that their vehicles are driven in a way that requires skill.
There is still some time to go before the choice is really there for the average consumer. At that point the true use of the product will be seen.
- Online statistics homework help
- What is a good scolarship paper?
- Buying a custom essay
- Creating a 5-paragraph paper
- 25 high school persuasive writing ideas
- A comparative essay on world history
- Vaccines essay sample
- Topics on national honor society
- Finding a perfect college sample
- Driverless Cars essay example
- Creating a topic on plasctic surgery
- Truth about essay writing help
- How to buy essays online: safe ways
- Buying a paper without scam
- A descriptive paper about Venice
- Rules of using writing services
- Essay writers for hire
- How to write better: tips for 4th grade
- Writing examples about a person
- Human Anatomy & Physiology essay
- Writing a rhetorical analysis essay
- Getting a sample on The Godfather
Stuck with your essay? Buy essay online and forgot about writing headache.
Write your essay by yourself! Don't buy essays, use writing guides.